Router Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using routers very sparingly the last few decades. Recently bought a router table and a (second hand) router. I need to get good at using it! But first I need to find a collet wrench (router did not come with one...) :smile:

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome to the forums Mike...
knowing the brand of router and which wrench you need (collet nut or shaft) would be a big help...

we've put together an information library on routering at this here link that may be of some use to you...
enjoy...

Reactions: rockandroller

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome, Mike...it won't be long and you'll be a routermaniac yourself...:grin:

·
Registered
Mike
3,842 Posts
Welcome to the Router Forums Mike.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome from out west. There is nothing special about router collet wrenches other than they are thin. I think most of mine are between 19 and 22mm except for the trim size which are smaller.

·
Premium Member
20,455 Posts
Hi Mike and welcome. Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XYFMR89?tag=duckduckgo-ffsb-20&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1

You have to make sure you have the size right so if you have a set of open end wrenches you can try those out to get the correct size. Do read the pdfs Stick posted, they're as good as any text you will find on using routers. They are a wonderful tool, and easier to use and safer in a table. Making your own table is an easy project and you can make it larger than the commercial tables.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts