Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Granny, been given a Craftsman Router 315.245070, and was hoping for a manual for it...

been having trouble figuring out how to adjust for depth

used router, table etc 20 years ago, and the new tech ones have me baffled

:'(

basically made my living with computers, with woodwork as a kinda hobby...now that I'm retired...

looks like a great forum

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Hi Granny. Welcome to the community of woodworkers. Congrats on the retirement. If you go to
http://www3.sears.com
You might find out if they have a manual for your router and how much it will cost. Good luck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you, update: have called my son, sent him to scrounge around thru the tools I gave him many years ago, found my old router (which is not a plunge type), and it has a very accurate lift guide on it, put it into the newer table which was received with the new plunge router and am now happily routing the oak molding for my vanity.

Next time I'm in Sears will ask about the manual (but since my real dilemma was how to accurately raise it in the table) - wanted to remove the springs and such - and I ALWAYS like to have a manual....

now if my wrists hold up to the vibrations....

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
"vibrations"
If you have vibrations don't use it ......it should run without ANY vibrations.
Check to make sure the bit is in right.... :)
Pop the bit out and turn it on if you still have a vibration take it in for repair or get a new one.
I almost sure Sears will not have the manual on hand and you will need to send off for it. :)
Bj :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sorry, my bad choice of words. Find that ANYTHING that I need to hold in place, move, etc causes a bit of wrist pain... The router is great, no vibrations as in vibration...

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts