Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty new to woodworking, and totally new to routers. In fact I don't even own a router . . . yet!

I bought a somewhat neglected home a couple of years ago and did a lot of work on it: gutted and re-did the main bathroom, fixed up the kitchen and did a lot of general maintenance work that needed to be done. Most recently, I built a small shed in the back yard for the lawn mower and yard tools, etc. So I am not totally without some skills.

I have slowly accumulated the power tools a homeowner needs, but now that I have the home "caught up" I have to the bug to set up a real shop and start learning and doing some wood projects. I have an idea of eventually building a couple of those "Franklin Chairs" (the fold-over chair/step stool thingies) for gifts.

I am looking forward to reading, learning and posting.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings Geoffrey and welcome to the router forums. Be careful with what you start on, this can be very addictive and somewhat expensive. Know what jeep stands for? Just Empty Every Pocket and boy do I know that from first hand and woodworking must have a similar acronym!! The main tools are cheap compared to the accessories.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Welcome aboard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts