Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new member Thebig0 from Perth Western Australia. I'm a real router freak. Cannot get enough of them. I currently have 6. It really saves changing the bits.I've just created a workshop so I can set up all my tools and start ripping into the timber. My favorite tool is my Makita slide compound saw. You get such square edges. I have just built a duplicating router (copy carver) on a 6 x 4 bench which is similar to the Gemini carver but bigger and stronger. I am thinking of attaching a revolving turntable under the router so I can make bowls etc. This carver was mostly made from scrap and most of the moving bits came from old tv monitor stands and an old car jack. I'll try to get a picture of this up if anyone would like to see it. My son makes guitars so this gadget will prove very handy.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
thebigO, I don't know how to spell it, but, good day mate and welcome to the forum. I do believe you are a router freak. Thanks for the pictures. I enjoyed them.

·
The Router Guys
768 Posts
thebig0 said:
Attached photos of router carver and also one of my portable router tables with makita planer in bench.
At least I think they are attached.[/QUOTE]

Great pictures! Look forward to interacting with you on routerforums.com.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks Rick & Bob, pleasure to be part of your forum. And Dr Zook, it's g'day pronounced gedday.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Bonzer corker cracker mate. And gidday from the other side of the ditch. I have seen a few Aussies on here (and all good blokes too) but not many kiwis like me. Anyway, nice to meet you!!

Aaron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts