Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I was actually watching You Tube videos on shop built horizontal router tables and here I am... what a fantastic resource!

Just wanted to say hi and thanks in advance before I begin to look around.

Tanya :)

·
Super Moderator
John
6,941 Posts
Hello Tanya
Welcome to the forum.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
9,368 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tanya.

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
G'day Tanya. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just another Aussie saying 'Hi Tanya and welcome'. We must be a clanny mob over here, four welcomes, three from Oz.

Please feel free to ask questions, join discussions etc, contribute as you wish, the place is a great source of ideas.

Best wishes

Mal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Tanya from yet another Aussie ....Always good to see a fellow woman woodworker researching jigs! What project do you have in mind for your yet-to-be-built router table? It's not even 0600 hrs on Saturday and I'm off to my shed to create the last template for a bed I'm working on. Enjoy your weekend, cheers from the Tweed, Pip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:D:D:D:D:D:)Thank you all for the warm welcome.
Hi Pip, just started looking at horizontal router tables. Mainly to cut mortises for loose tenon joinery and sliding dovetails... This will probably be a gradual evolutionary process of ideas that pop into my thoughts, fuelled by evening Internet searches... Being the weekend I'm off to my "shed" I have scheduled in some important tinkering - before I start to make some noise... What style of bed are you working on? Tanya

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tanya, it's an Arts and Crafts style bed - I got the idea from a recent issue of Fine Woodworking. I made some significant changes to the plans but kept the Greene and Greene "cloud lifts".
Bill Hylton covers horozontal routers including plans in "Woodworking with the Router" pages 98 and 99 but my favourite router book, "Router Joinery Workshop" by Carol Reed doesn't even list it in the index (great book though!!)
I did post a reply earlier but it never appeared on the site????

·
Official Greeter
18,811 Posts
Tanya, it's an Arts and Crafts style bed - I got the idea from a recent issue of Fine Woodworking. I made some significant changes to the plans but kept the Greene and Greene "cloud lifts".
Bill Hylton covers horozontal routers including plans in "Woodworking with the Router" pages 98 and 99 but my favourite router book, "Router Joinery Workshop" by Carol Reed doesn't even list it in the index (great book though!!)
I did post a reply earlier but it never appeared on the site????
Your reply was help up for moderator approval.

As you have also posted this reply, I have deleted the earlier one.....

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hi, Tanya.

Ladies are welcome to the forum.
Hope to see some pictures about your projects.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts