Router Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I originally sign up in 2012 but due to computer problems which lead to me forgetting some of the sites I had in my bookmarks.

Anyway a little about me I have been woodworking as a hobby since about 2002 shortly after having 4 major heart attacks so did not get back into it for a couple of years which I found as a very good therapy.
I mainly make toys and do quite a bit of wood-turning followed by scroll-work and carving.
I mainly use routers for making toys and find them top of the go to tool for that part of my hobby.

I am sure that there will be questions that I will need answering. I have made a few jigs to use with the routers that I own which at present stands about 5 routers.

I have made a shelf hole jig, circle jigs of various sizes and a skid type jig for flattening the odd piece of wood which will not go onto my surface planer or fit into my thicknesser.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bob yes I do have a sense of humour I think you need one. I see you are from sunny Cyprus, I use to live at Polemidia and went to school at Episkopi, had some great times and still have some great memories from there.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Hey, Derek; welcome back!
Toy pictures, please. :)

(pics from your own hardrive will upload no problem, it's just stuff from the 'net you need to have posted 10 times previously for.)

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Welcome, Derek...stay with us this time...you've missed quite a bit :)

Reactions: Roy Drake

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the welcome guys.

Welcome, Derek...stay with us this time...you've missed quite a bit :)
Luckily I did not lose all of my photo's and PDF files as I always do backups

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
welcome back Derek...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,333 Posts
Welcome back to the forum Derek.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Good to have you back Derek.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Welcome back to the forum Derek . Sorry to hear about your heart issues . I'm a moron and never dealt with my A-fib soon enough , and so we have a little perminant issue now called low ejection fraction . That's why I'm not saving for the future , just going to have fun buying tools till I keel over :D

·
Official Greeter
18,749 Posts
Glad to see you found your way back....

Backup, backup, backup......

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you all for the welcome. I hope that I can contribute to the forum as I go along

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome back, Derek.

Good to have you back.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts