Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I suppose I've hung out on here long enough and made enough dumb statements that I may as well introduce myself - yeah that's me - the guy with the foot in his mouth ...
Names Gil, live in the Chicago area, west suburbs - been playing at woodworking for the last 2-3 years or so and have alot to learn, which is why I enjoy this site and prowl around here when I should be doing other things!
First project was a mission style coffee table for my wife - amazingly, it's still standing! but that's what got me using my router again.
Other interests are many ... have a passion for fly fishing and fly tying - particularly classic pattern Atlantic Salmon flys - love music and play guitar - read a lot - gardening.
By profession, I'm a land surveyor (the guy standing in the street that the rest of you aim your cars at!) - but am state registered and work mainly inside now and on the computer with AutoCADD and MicroStation ... so you've most likely missed your chance to run me down!
I've enjoyed this forum and the education it provides, so many thanks to all for sharing your knowledge.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Welcome Gil

Hey Gil, welcome to the forums. Glad you hung with us. Here in southern Ohio, we don't aim for surveyors, we have those big "Orange Barrels". :D :D

Dave
the "Doctor"

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Welcome Gil some of us can't do half the stuff you have listed so you'll do fine here most of us here are still learning. Don't worry I have had extensive fire err scrap piles for a lot of my projects always trial an error. Trick is to have at least 2 extra boards just in case. If you don't screw up you've gained 2 boards.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts