Router Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone...

my name's viktor, just a poor guy who infected by all cnc virus:))
this illnes started back in the early 90's when i just started to discover the new miraculum, a brand new AT286.... it was speeding full 10 yepp ten megahertz, and it was running by the dos 3.3 :))
i was in this time a drafter and just tried to get working the latest autocad version the 10c2.....
of course the math cooprocessor was on horrible price so i just used with an emulator proggy...
so that was the beginning...
around 97 with my friend we built a router of german made isel elements... that was some incredible...
but we just used with a translator, that made of plt and ai files some codes to the controller like step&directions...
around 2003 i bought a mini readyrun machine, like a hobby router and since that i just study the g code, and all the time looking for free programs, (but they just don't exist, just on purpose :)))

so approx this is the reason i just broke in to this site...

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Our CNC forum is growing quickly. Sounds to me like you are one of the more advance people to date. My first PC experience was with an Atari 400; I remember how neat it was to call a BBS and chat with other users @ 1200 baud. Then came the 8086 and our lives changed.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Welcome to the forums, Viktor.

Like yourself I have an interest and desire to play in the world of CNC. I have found that this is an expensive hobby, (most hobbies are expensive) and the programs are very costly.

Your experience will be a great addition to the community.

Great you joined the community. :)

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.