Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to woodworking getting my shop in order. have a scroll saw 3 routers, table saw drill press plainer and various hand tools. Been making small things like napkin olders, paper plate holders, clocks, wall plaques, etc What to get a little better with a router, I understand that they can do more than just spin around really fast.
any help or advice greatly appreciated :D

·
Retired Moderator
2,093 Posts
Welcome carl.r.jarrat to the Routerforums you won't believe what you can do with a router on projects. Do you get Bob and Ricks router program where you live. Since I saw them I thought routers were just for edging and sign making. It's just endless what you could do with just one tool. And I learned and got some really good advice from here lots of good members and help here.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Carl, welcome to the forums. Glad to have you. Other than a saw of some kind, a router is all you need. Preferably two. One in a table and one portable. It is amazing what all a router can do. On this forum, all you have to do is ask. There are no dumb questions. Nice people here to help. Again, welcome.

Dave
the "Doctor"

·
Registered
394 Posts
Carl,
Welcome aboard. While I'm no expert -- I'm finding new ways to use my routers almost on a daily basis. Like your list of items you've been making, but I'm not sure how you make a paper plate holder. Only one's I have seen were all made of a thin wicker like material. Can you expand on that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.