Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum when searching for router bits.

I've been woodworking for many years, but just now really get back into it. My last project was a king sized headboard in oak, with crown molding, to match our other bedroom furniture. I am presently building a corner china cabinet for my oldest daughter (gor married this summer, and I've already made a built-in DVD-CD bookcase for her fixer-upper home).

I just bought the new Ridgid 2-base router set -- I'm really impressed so far. I plan to put it into my Rockler table using the JessEm lift (the Ridgid is Porter-Cable compatible). My Craftsman goes into my table saw (A Ryobi BT-3100, one of the few Ryobi tools I've been pretty enamored with). I have a 30-year old Craftsman radial arm saw I just refurbished (my first saw). I've also got a small bandsaw (eyeing the Powermatic 14"), a Ryobi scrollsaw (OK), a Ridgid miter saw, a Dewalt 13" planer (finest single tool I own), a Ridgid 6" jointer (can you see a pattern here?!), and lots of power hand tools.

I also have a very old Craftsman Professional 1HP router -- one of my favorite tools. Great balance, solid but pretty lightweight. And now, maybe just a bit underpowered, compared to modern routers!

I'm anxious to learn about favorite companies for bits, etc.

Lee

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome Lee. Whiteside is pretty much undisputed as being the best you can buy. MLCS offers a very large selection of decent quality bits for good prices. There are many bit reviews for you to check out. Woodcraft runs a different Whiteside bit on sale each month for 25% off, and they frequently offer 20 different styles of their own bits for $5 each. These are of similar quality to what MLCS offers.

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Hi Lee and welcome to the router forums. From your list of tools it does sound as if you have been woodworking for years. Good luck on the china cabinet, I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. Maybe you can post a pic of it when done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dr.Zook said:
Hi Lee and welcome to the router forums. From your list of tools it does sound as if you have been woodworking for years. Good luck on the china cabinet, I'm sure your daughter will appreciate it. Maybe you can post a pic of it when done.
Thanks to all for the "Welcome" -- and I'll definitely post the picture of the china cabinet -- Wow, I really need to get going or it won't get done in time!

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.