Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
It shouldn't matter whether you are man or woman here. Sorry, no other genders, 8^)

What matters is the content of your character, your desire to seek information and improve your skills, and what you can do to help others.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
We have quite a few female members and most of them are quite capable.

·
Super Moderator
John
6,962 Posts
Hello and welcome to the router forum sherly, my granddaughter works me learning the craft, my wife actual went to a school and had Master Craftman certificate. ( which she like to hold over my head)

·
Registered
Rick
17,578 Posts
Yeah I know, I just like to deal with some litle things with wood, unlike your guys. And I know that most members here are man..
Sorry Sheryl, I shouldn’t assume . I assumed you thought this was a computer router forum , as we get people joining on occasion that don’t realize that this is a wood forum .

So I’ll start over , welcome to the forum.
Would be nice to hear about what type of projects you are interested in. I can’t talk because I’ve been here since 2014 and haven’t actually built anything yet lol . Purchaced a lot of tools though :)

·
Official Greeter
19,758 Posts
G'day Sherly. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Welcome to our sawdust pile Sherly. We are always very eager to help any member improve their woodworking. Don't hesitate to ask questions. The only dumb question is the one not asked, but don't be too surprised if you get 20 or more answers, with probably 20 different answers to your question. This is good, because you can pick the one that's easiest for you and the tools that you have available. Gender doesn't matter here. My daughter-in-law is a licensed building contractor, and she has taught me a few things about woodworking. We have many female woodworkers on here. Some are fairly new at woodworking and some have been woodworking for years and have all kinds of experience. If you enjoy woodworking, no matter the size of your project, you will fit right in here. I like to make wood furniture, but I also do tiny work that's less than 1" high on scroll saws. See, size doesn't matter. If you enjoy making things from wood, you will fit right in here.

Charley

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Womyn

Oh i just do some very little thing because i am female...
Hey Sherly; welcome!
I think you're pulling our collective legs here... ;)
We're not at all disparaging of women's skills . A fair number of pretty accomplished female woodworkers amongst our members.
Thing is, I'd guess that most of the males here are almost if not already retired, and when we were young not a lot of women ventured into the trades. That's changed dramatically and rightly so.
Since women are smarter, they tend to stay away from things like drywall boarding, plumbing repairs, and septic field installations...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.