Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new router user. I've had a router for about 6 years but I've only used it about 4 times. I have a very small space in my garage for working and I bought a Veritas router table which I've never set up do to not having any room to place it. My plan is to build a portable work cart that I can move over by the door, open it, and have some room to work. I will keep my tabletop tools on a shelf, that I've already built, and then as I need one, I'll move it to the cart and change for another as I need to. So far I haven't been able to build the cart.

I've spent alot of money on the router table, but I think I'm afraid to get started. Every thing is so expensive. I've got lots of projects just waiting for us to find the funds. I drew up a set of plans for some floor-to-celing built-in shelves for my wife, but after we went out to price the materials... I'm sure you all know how that goes. It certainly is less expensive to do it myself, but still out of our reach. I really don't know how to use a router and I'm hoping that this forum will help me get started.

Any how, nice to meet you all.

·
2,392 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Gidday, Gregor and welcome. If you're not experienced with the router why don't you try a few small projects first? That way you get experience, don't spend a heap of dollars and you end up with a (hopefully :) ) nice piece of shelf-ware.
Have a look at some of Bj's links to projects like small boxes etc for some ideas. Enjoy! :D

·
Banned
11,934 Posts
Welcome Gregor. I suggest all new members click on the blogs link and select Sawdust dreams. This is my blog (like a journal) and it answers many of the questions we get from beginners. Your story is in there, it matches many others including mine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.