Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years, I have had stuff laying on the floor or partially under the back seat in my truck. I had good intentions of building a box, but something always seems to get in the way. Not this week! :surprise:

Monday was a krummy day so it seemed like a good time to build a simple box that can hold my "stuff".

All total, this project cost about $8.00 (the black bed protectant spray).

I used some left over T-111 siding cut offs and a couple of pieces of 3/4 inch plywood. I guess I just can't bring myself to throw those scraps away. This time, I am glad I didn't.

I took some quick measurements in a cold drizzle and got to work. This turned out to be a one day project (including drying time for the black protectant).

I have several templates for toy boxes, etc so I used one as a guide to lay out the cut lines to provide clearance for the transmission tunnel. HA! I got a purfect fit the first time! :grin:

A little glue, some brad nails and some corner blocks to reinforce the joints and it was a done deal.

I hope you can make sense of the pictures. Today was a bright, sunny day and that made it hard to shoot inside a dark gray interior.

But, I now have some rope, a big wrench used to change the ball on my hitch, jumper cables, a tarp, and a pair of moving blankets in the box. It is full but all of that stuff is out of sight. Sorry, no weaponry hidden in there. :surprise:>:)

Yeah, I know, the 4-way lug wrench wouldn't fit.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
A whole bunch better than having it scattered around the floor. Like it.

Reactions: MT Stringer

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...add...a couple of tie-downs...ya never know when ya run into something that needs tying down back in the bed. Can't tell ya how many times I've been happy to have them with me...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Mike you just came up with an idea I needed. Its a pain when I want to get my hitch receive stored and easy retrieval and of course bungee cords .

·
Super Moderator
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mike you just came up with an idea I needed. Its a pain when I want to get my hitch receive stored and easy retrieval and of course bungee cords .
Thanks but it wasn't my idea for this actual build. Yeah, I have been wanting to do this but just never got a round to it. That is, until I saw this video...I got my inspiration from this guy.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
The blankets will be handy esp when getting stuck somewhere in sub-freezing weather.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts