Router Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit stuck, so I figured I would bring this to the group. I am designing a reloading bench 2'd x 2'w. The issue is that when I am using it it needs to be solid on the floor, but I have to be able to move it when I am done between a shelving unit and a wall. I figured that if it were to have casters that could hinge or retract out of the way when I am using it, then easily rotate or extend under the bench when I need to put it away. I have come up with a couple of design ideas, attached. Please provide feedback on these. I have issue with all the designs presented, but am out of ideas.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,786 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm having a hard time figuring out how the wheels lower down and lock in place, from that picture.

·
Registered
550 Posts
How about adapt the idea from a Wood Magazine mobile tool base? It basically has the casters mounted on a hinged piece of wood, and you rotate a handle to make the casters go up or down. The lever has the hole offset from center so it works like a cam.

You could build it from the picture, but attached is a link to the plan:

Roll-Around Tool Base Woodworking Plan LINK

Attachments

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
your welcome BobJ,

it works great, it does take a little time to build but worth it.:)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
hi Deb, you have to sized t to your ts. i have it sized for the 3660 and have all the dimensions. if you decide to build it. i know you have the 3660 too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts