Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Theo
6,930 Posts
Durn Mike. The rabbit looks good, but it looks like Vlad The Impaler got ahold of it. >:)

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
I really like the goat. It has a 3D feel about it. Would you mind shooting a few more pictures of how it's built? I'd like to make a couple of reindeer like that.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really like the goat. It has a 3D feel about it. Would you mind shooting a few more pictures of how it's built? I'd like to make a couple of reindeer like that.
That goat is made from pieces of metal welded together.:surprise:

·
Registered
Theo
6,930 Posts

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Metal art. We have several critters - goat, rooster, and the donkey. Probably made in mexico. The place we bought the goat is based out of Canton, Tx. - the famous fleamarket.

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Tom, I prefer Vlad the Rabbit myself, but perhaps you can design a goat from this.
:dance3: Way cool, That's exactly the kind of thing I want to make. Seal the edges, put lights around the form? Will really be nice out there. Then all I need is a plywood sled and hire a homeless fat guy with a red suit...well, maybe not. There's gotta be a pattern you can buy for those reindeer. I can always use a digital projector to transfer the pattern to a piece of ply. Then my wife can paint it.

·
Registered
Theo
6,930 Posts
:dance3: Way cool, That's exactly the kind of thing I want to make. Seal the edges, put lights around the form? Will really be nice out there. Then all I need is a plywood sled and hire a homeless fat guy with a red suit...well, maybe not. There's gotta be a pattern you can buy for those reindeer. I can always use a digital projector to transfer the pattern to a piece of ply. Then my wife can paint it.
$15 for plans. When I made a pair, they prices were about $20, for each type. So, I printed a picture of each, laid out a grid on them, then made a grid onto pieces of plywood, hand drew the designs onto the plywood, cut 'em out as masters, and viola, had two reindeer, cheap. Made them for my then daughter-in-law probably about 16 years ago, my son still puts them up every year. Still have the master, and if you were closer, or want to drive here, I'd let you have them.
Reindeer & Sleighs - Large White Reindeer Wood Patterns

If you can make them from that diagram, that is the way I would go. Then you could make them any size you want, and save money to boot.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$15 for plans. When I made a pair, they prices were about $20, for each type. So, I printed a picture of each, laid out a grid on them, then made a grid onto pieces of plywood, hand drew the designs onto the plywood, cut 'em out as masters, and viola, had two reindeer, cheap.
I traced the image and made the tool paths in VCarePro. Cut it out on the CNC. >:)

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
Thanks Theo and Mike! I'm getting tired of the same old decorations. Even though we live on a quiet street and don't get all that many viewers, we put them up for us, to be in the spirit of the season. I like the sled, deer and a bunch of bright color packages.

I have a small herd (4) of various size deer, but the lights don't work well anymore. Thinking of wrapping them with some sort of translucent material so they glow from internal lights. Last year I put them into a bower formed by trees in the front yard. The bare trees lit from below by LED spotlights made a great display, but none of the usual Christmas lights. I might even put the sleigh and reinder on the roof.

·
Registered
Theo
6,930 Posts
@DesertRatTom - Here ya go, Tom.

Metal art.
Never heard of it called metal art, around here they call it yard art. Not sure I would call it art, but still neat. My older son makes some at times, and it has sold very readily, so far.

Reactions: DesertRatTom

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
How Bad Can It Be?

For enlarging plans? The price is right!
https://www.primecables.ca/p-361970...edia-home-theater-video-projector-primecables
For we Canucks, the shipping is free (over $49). Ships from either Vancouver or Montreal...3 day shipping. I love these guys; their Customer Service is amazing. I sent them a query last night and the answer came back at 9:30AM (this morning).

https://www.primecables.ca/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4tvPz-2P2gIVCZV-Ch0yEAfeEAAYASAAEgLz4_D_BwE
They don't ship outside of Canada, unfortunately. Now there's a switch, eh?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts