Router Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,I've got a question on using the Hitachi 12V2 (big green alien) router. I recently deciding to make a router table to add in to my tablesaw. It was a coice between putting it in the tablesaw or going without.

I decided to set the router up for above table height adjustment. So the top has a small opening to allow a 1/4" socket drive to go in. I placed a socket over the fine adjustment nut on the bottom of the router.

Problem is it just doesn't seem to work. Is something broken or am I doing something wrong? Appreciate it if someone can shed some light here.:)

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
That job is on my to do list. I've checked out the nut on the bottom of my threaded adjustment knob and it will turn the rod but it will also come off. I'm going to add some thread locker to it and see if that works and it it doesn't I'll drill a small hole between the inside of the nut and the rod and drive a small roll pin in it.

At the top of the rod at the housing is a lever similar to the column locking lever. This lever controls a half-nut which can be disengaged for free hand plunging or engaged to use the threaded rod for adjustment. To use the below table adjustment it would need to be in the engaged position. I've found this feature to be fairly confusing to use at times and is possibly the worst design element of this router (besides the looks). Otherwise I like the router and there are some improvements over the M12V which I also have.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I vote for the roll pin...locktite, even the blue, might seize it more than you might want for future maintenance...

Reactions: Cherryville Chuck
1 - 3 of 3 Posts