Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
I bought this router for short term hand-held use and long term table use.

Good news - Powerful, smooth running, pretty good bang for the buck.

Bad news - Either mine is defective or the depth setting control is abysmal, or both.

I gave up on using it hand-held and bought a Festool OF1400. I'll probably buy a Router Raizer and install it in a router table.

See my post #27 in the next thread down entitled "making a router table" for more details.

Regards,

Dan.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Heck: Several guys on other forums have posted Pics of handmade router raisers utilizing the threaded side of the plunge posts. Cost...less than 10 bucks. I converted my Ryobi Plunge Router because it looked kinda neat. Guess what....I converted back because all that turning of the topside adjustment screw was a total pain in the butt. Sure I coulda used a power screwdriver but couldn't be bothered. Switched the router back & continued to use the LV Bit Riser....quicker & easier.

Lee

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah Dan: Thats' the one. I have had mine for about 6 years, jacks the bit to the approx. height desired then finish the height adjustment with the micro adjuster. Must admit I rarely use the micro adjustment except for interlocking joinery such as rail & stiles or drawer lock, or miter lock bits. Another nice thing is you have a double lock....the plunge lock on the router & a lock on the bit raiser. Never have liked the lock method on plunge routers.

Lee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.