Router Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have an old hitachi m12sa router and I have dropped it and shattered the base plate assembly. As it is an old model I obviously can't get the part for it so I was wondering if one from a newer similar model the m12ve would fit. They look almost identical in photos. If anyone could she some light on this it would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Hi Danos and welcome. Is the part that Stick showed what you need? That looks the same as my M12V but I also have an M12V2 and it has a radically different bolt pattern. You can post pictures from your hard drive. Click on the Advanced post method and click on Manage Attachments. Enlarge that screen to full screen as there are buttons to click that don't show up in the minimized version.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
ouch....

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
This link : https://www.repairtoolparts.com/hitachi-parts/hitachi-m12sa-parts-list Part #59 shows it as a base for the M12V or M12SA although it is unavailable there. That seems to be the right part. My M12V has 4 evenly spaced holes for the sub plate. The picture there of a Hitachi Router is the M12V2 which does not have evenly spaced holes. Two on one side are closer together than the other two. I would say you need a base for either the M12V or another SA if you can find one. Maybe someone has a dead V model. Mine is still going strong. I believe it's possible that an older Makita model may be the same router but I'm not sure exactly which model it was. I've seen a collet for that router that is the same as the M12V.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Danos and welcome. Is the part that Stick showed what you need? That looks the same as my M12V but I also have an M12V2 and it has a radically different bolt pattern. You can post pictures from your hard drive. Click on the Advanced post method and click on Manage Attachments. Enlarge that screen to full screen as there are buttons to click that don't show up in the minimized version.
Thanks Chuck,

Just out of curiosity, would you be able to tell me if the assembly from your M12V2 Fits into your M12V or vise versa. As i think i can still get parts for the V2 and the V should be the same as my SA.

Regards
Daniel

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I'll go out and measure the tube diameters and spacing in a bit and get back to you. If they are the same spacing and diameter then they should work I think. The M12V2 has an added feature on it that is handy. There are threaded plugs on the bottom of the tubes so that you can remove the springs without removing the base from the router. I don't want to remove the bases from them as that can be a PITA so I won't be able to tell you if they are longer on the V2 which would affect how much bit is exposed at max plunge but if they are you could cut them shorter.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
I'm afraid it's not good news Daniel. They both have 20mm diameter tubes but on the V model they're 14.8mm apart and on the V2 they were either 15.2 or 3 mm apart so they won't interchange.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ahh ok. Thanks for checking it out for me anyway, I really appreciate it. Ill have to come up with another plan. It just seems like a waste to scrap the router because of a missing part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts