Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently discovered an unused router that belonged to my late Dad. A Hitachi zx2008. It is at least 25 years old still in its box. looking to see if anyone has used 1. Want to see if I can mount it under a diy router table but there is no removable base insert. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
204 Posts
I recently discovered an unused router that belonged to my late Dad. A Hitachi zx2008. It is at least 25 years old still in its box. looking to see if anyone has used 1. Want to see if I can mount it under a diy router table but there is no removable base insert. Thanks in advance
Don’t see what’s the problem. Just drill new mounting holes and put it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
To make additional holes in the base is the way to use that router in your router table, but consider you can miss variable speed if it is not present in this old model.

If you use only small diameter bits, it is not a problem but most people uses a wide variety of bit diameter in their router table. It is scary and dangerous to use a panel raiser bit at full router speed, as an example.

All the best.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I took a look at it on Amazon and I don't think you will be able to mount it on a table. The base looks too small to acuratly drill a large enough hole in it.

·
Official Greeter
19,829 Posts
Is that a zk 2008? A zx 2008 comes up as an excavator?

If you knew what you were doing, you should be able to tap M5 holes that base, but it may not be worth it.
A @OCristo said it does not have variable speed and is very low powered for a table router. And height adjustment might be an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts