Router Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Hitachi KM12SC combo kit which I am really happy with. But I would like a second fixed base for a horizontal router table I'm planning to build. I've been watching EBAY but no luck so far. Does anyone know of a source.

Thanks Rusty

·
Registered
137 Posts
I bought the same kit and have been searching for an extra plunge base with no luck. I also haven't been able to find the dust shroud attachment. Seems like lots of retailers are closing out the single speed Hitachi so I may just pick up another kit at some point.

Michael

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Michael I got ahold of Hitachi thru there website. They will sell the fixed base direct for $70 but recomended that I check my local Lowes for a lower price. Hitachi's website does show the single speed kit as discontinued. I keep seeing the routers(single and variable speed)showing up on Ebay for what they get for the base. Spare base and spare moter might be the best way to go.

Rusty

·
Registered
137 Posts
Hey Rusty, great minds think alike.
I had a feeling Hitachi would get $70 or more for the base. Heck you can get the whole router for $95 at Rockler and the kit with both bases for $110.

I haven't gone this route yet for 2 reasons;
I paid $88 at amazon for my kit so even $110 seems high
I can't afford a divorce (if I bring another router home)

But I'm thinking about it...

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.