Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!,
I've been asked to make an introductory post - so here goes :)

I am from England and have just found woodworking as a nice relaxing pastime to my main job (computing) - that is, when I can fit it in between work, family and the weather :). I must admit - I've found watching the woodworking channel really useful and to be honest - watching Rick and Bob's 'The Router Workshop' is really enjoyable - which in turn led me here! I even made my own router table based on their ideas - none of these flashy and expensive things with rails and fence guides etc that cost a few hundred pounds, nice simple and to the point!

I've really not been woodworking long enough to be any where near expert yet and I'm still learning on every build - hopefully I'm not the only one to forget which side to run the bit down a straight edge! (the piece I was working on shot out of my hands and across my garden! - luckily no-one was around to 'catch' it)

I still find that I am using computers, even with woodworking! I plan my builds with SketchUp - google now have it and have done a free download that has all the functions you would need to create most things.

Anyways - best stop rattling now :)

Wayne.

·
Community Founder
6,782 Posts
Hey Wayne, great introduction, very nice to meet you. Welcome to the RouterForums.com community.

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Thanks Wayne for that enlightning intro. Glad to have you join us. Hope to see more posts from you here. that 'pond' isn't that big on this net.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Hey Wayne! Welcome to the forum. That Sketchup program is really neat... now all I have to do is learn how to use it. :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts