Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked last night they did have a sale on clamps set . It was 2 6 inch and 2 12 inch for about $20 . They said they had 3 in stock but there was 4 on the shelf so picked 1 for my self and 1 for my neighbor.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
Bessy clamps? I stocked up during the sales the last two years. Nice, heavy bar clamps. Retired some of my HD middle sized clamps that had much lighter bars and would distort under pressure. I'm going to go today and look for them. Always room for a few more clamps.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I will also check-out that one.

Thanks for the tip!

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Well, I am back from Home Depot - checking that out. The Home Depot in Bethlehem, Georgia wasn't doing the same thing. Their DeWalt clamp set that includes 2- 6" & 2- 12" of the one-handed bar clamps was regular $34.99 and was marked down to $29.99. I also checked-out their supply of RotoZip tools and accessories and it was pitiful and overpriced. I sell concrete forms to Lowes and Home Depot, but my recommendation to RotoZip (Bosch) would be to sell their tools through Costco - which is Worldwide, except South America.

Good news is I didn't waste my trip, as I did "spring" for a quite nice shelving unit that I've taken home for assembly.

Otis Guillebeau from Auburn, Georgia

·
Super Moderator
5,772 Posts
I checked last night they did have a sale on clamps set . It was 2 6 inch and 2 12 inch for about $20 . They said they had 3 in stock but there was 4 on the shelf so picked 1 for my self and 1 for my neighbor.
Must be a local/regional sale. I was there yesterday at my local HD, and purposely cruised the clamp isle. I didn't see anything that was on sale. :frown:

...and I had money to burn! :surprise::grin:

·
Registered
376 Posts
"and I had money to burn!

--MT Stringer

Please send it to me. I am collecting money to buy Christmas gifts for the widow of the Unknown soldier -- he was a woodworker by the way:grin:.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
You guys down there, below the 49th parallel have it good - our Home Depot and Lowes, here in Canada have them at twice the price. I'll have to wait until February when I make my way back to Florida. I'll have 5 weeks to find all the deals.
I think you are right, and I expect our new administration to have a positive effect as well. I got kicked out of Canada some years ago. Went to do a consultation and didn't realize I needed some sort of permit. But I'm not sure I'd like having someone else telling me how I was going to spend more than half my income. How do you manage to get bargains across the border, or is that a secret?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Yup...must be a local thing...

My HD does not carry them but another one 20 miles away does...

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The three HD's closest to me - all within 15 miles - all show the 4 pieces set at that price, and that they have them in stock. Going to try to sneak out for a quick trip over there tomorrow as that' almost HF prices.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts
Tom - depends on what we're bringing across the border, how long we've been gone, etc.

I live just north of Niagara Falls - if you go into any of the shopping malls near Niagara Falls or Buffalo all you see in the parking lots are Canadian license plates.
Generally if you go for the day, you can bring in a minimal amount without hassle, unless your bringing in booze or smokes - Canadian Customs or Border Patrol as their now called don't like that.
I stopped going for gas or day trips long time ago when our dollar went for a crap. I still remember back in the late '60s when our dollar was worth more than the US dollar, but these days it's not worth it for me and I can cross the border in 20 minutes.

Years ago, as part of law enforcement, I was in charge of a unit that specialized in customs offenses. We focused on big ticket items. Having said that, NAFTA did change a lot of things. For instance, there was a time when you could import a brand new vehicle or one that was declared "antique" (more than 15 years old) but would have to pay duties and taxes. As far as I know, you can import any aged vehicle now but still have to pay import duties and taxes.

Longer trips you can bring in a ton of stuff duty/tax free.

The alternative is to attempt to smuggle, but you don't want to get caught. When I was a member of the RCMP I seized two Ferraris (a 308 and a 512 Boxer) that a guy had "undervalued". He had them shipped, declared them for less than he paid. We had the vehicles under seizure for almost two years. When his case was over he had to pay a hefty sum in penalties. He ended up selling the 308 so he could afford the penalties and keep the Boxer. He was a high school teacher and had an affinity for cars - he also had a Delorean.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
There is somthig I didn't say the clamps were not with the other specials but where the clamps are.
So they maybe at your Home Depot.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
There is somthig I didn't say the clamps were not with the other specials but where the clamps are.
So they maybe at your Home Depot.
Nothing in the flyer . I'll check the isle just for the heck of it

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Hi, guys.
Very long time without offers. HD went from here long time ago. Big hardware stores are empty and the existing tools high priced. Some chinese tools are also the same and with no warranty.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts