Router Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am retired US Navy and enjoy the 10% discount generously offered to veterans on their purchases. How may I request this discount on mail-order purchases? I would like to order the Makita track saw but is not available in the local store.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
The HD's by me use the same site to order goods on your behalf...so no discount, unfortunately. This was a change as some years ago you could order through the store with the representative using their computer software to put the order in...now they use the web site.

Lowes might still be the good ole way as I ordered some goods through the store and did get the discount when the merchandise arrived and I paid for it.

I would ask the store manager how to order something through the store and get the discount when you pay for it.

Regards,

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Try going as high up in the HD management chain as you are able and complain about it. It won't cost you anything to try.

Reactions: Speyerer

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Not about your situation but I have had very good luck going to the store manager about a problem I had. In my town they are way better than Lowes.

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
I always go to the Lowe's store and show my VA ID. Never tried to call CS as I rarely buy online. Funny how different stores react to problems. I had a bad experience at HD and haven't set foot in it in over a year. Walmart is going on five years.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Frank I use the discount all the time. Order the product for delivery to the store near you. When you go to pick it up tell the customer service person you are a veteran and they will refund the discount to your card. Just did it on $300.00 worth of lights. You may have to find a sales person who knows how to do it but it can be done.

Chuck

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I sent my request to Home Depot and this is their response: So we now know where they stand. We are only "qualified Military service members and veterans" when we spend money in their store.

Dear SPEYERER,

Thank you for your email! I feel proud to serve you since you have served us.

I apologize, but we are unable to honor the Military discount for online orders. A valid Military ID must be shown at the time of purchase and the owner of the ID must be present. To protect the discount and what it stands for, we verify eligibility on each purchase to ensure only qualified Military service members and veterans receive The Home Depot Military discount. The Military discount is only available for in-store purchases and does not apply to online transactions. Military discounts also cannot be given on Buy Online Pick Up in Store, Buy Online Deliver From Store, or Buy Online Ship to Store orders, as these orders are considered online orders. If there is anything else we can assist you with please do not hesitate to reach out to us. I hope you have a wonderful day! Have a happy and safe Holiday season!
If you have questions, please contact our Online Customer Support at 1-800-430-3376 from 6 AM to 2 AM ET daily and refer to the case number above.

Thank you for being a Home Depot customer.

Sincerely, 
homedepot.com Online Customer Support
By the way I ordered my tools from Tool Nut, family owned, no shipping (+100$) and no tax.
http://www.toolnut.com/?gclid=CO3b8ZSl49ACFQIoaQod4rgMCQ

1 - 13 of 13 Posts