Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since its inception, Router Forums has been an eclectic collection of wood workers. Membership has and continues to run the gauntlet from novice to master craftsmen. All skill levels have been invited and welcomed into a community of like minded individuals sharing a common love of woodworking.
Over the years we have seen a number of folks who stand out within the community. Members who have freely offered their expertise and experience to assist those with questions and concerns. Be it passing along established skills and techniques, to creatively resolving problems, these members continually provide tried and true advice.

Then we have the folks who are just unique personalities. Folks who add flavor to the forum. Many members offer a rather unique perspective on wood working and on life in general. Friendly, respectful and light hearted these members often brighten the day with their wit and character.
These members and characteristics along with many others are what make up the Forum. Without them we would just be another woodworking forum.

To that end, we are pleased to announce the introduction of a new recognition for members. "Honored Member"
Honored Members are those who have contributed to not only the growth but the character of the forum over an extended period of time. Members who served the forum well and with distinction. The process of selecting nominee's will be handled much like we did the last
Forum Contributor elections. The difference being that we will also be soliciting nominees from the community. This recognition will be open to all past and present Router Forum members. This process will evolve as the community evolves, nothing will be set in stone. The number of members selected to be honored may be as few as 1 or as many 2 per election. However, prior to each election a definitive set of rules will be posted for that particular election.

We are not only asking for but encouraging your feedback and participation with this new process. Any ideas, questions and/or suggestions are welcomed and will be given full and fair consideration. We realize as we hope you do, that we're never going to make everyone happy no matter how the process is implemented but we will try our very best to insure a fair and well run election.

Members recognized will be given a "Honored" badge that will be placed above their avatars. This will identify them to one and all as members whom have earned this recognition. Members who earn this badge should take pride in the fact that their contributions to the forum community are recognized and very much appreciated by the membership.

The first member to receive this recognition is pretty much a shoe in. No voting necessary as we felt that there would be no question as to his qualifications. Harrysin will be the first to receive this award. Harry's contributions over the years have set himself apart from the ordinary. Countless posts assisting new and old members alike. Pictorials and how-to video's have established Harrysin as one of the premier members of our community. Along with the rollout of "Harry's Place" in the Lobby, the forum would like to thank Harry for his years of helping and growing the community at large.

We will give plenty of notice for the next election for "Honored" members. In the mean time, take a moment to thank Harry for all he has done for the community and either post in here or PM any of the moderators/admin with any thoughts or suggestions you may have.

Router Forums Team....

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
I wholeheartedly agree with your first choice for this honor. I can think of no other than Mr. Harry Sinclair that deserve it more. He is a great friend, a gentleman, a skilled artisan that loves to share his skill with others, and is a prime example of international good will.

·
Premium Member
17,429 Posts
Congrats Harry , well deserved . Thank you for your knowledge and contributions to the forum :)

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,358 Posts
Congratulations Harry very much deserved.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Thanks a million, Harry. Perhaps someday I'll have the honor of meeting you personally. Your posts are friendly and inviting, and I always enjoy them whether they be instructional, informative or humorous. Again, thanks. Roy

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
agree w/ everybody...

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
Thank you Harry for your contributions and especially helping me when I started the woodturning forum. We did some great tutorial videos as well as picture turtorial. Thank you Harry.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Well said, Bill.

No one here would ever disagree with Harry's selection.

Congratulations, Harry.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Congratulations Harry, your knowledge and ability to pass it on to us is priceless. It has helped me several times.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Well guys, to say that I'm honored would be the understatement of the century,and as for all your wonderful comments I really am humbled and as for my darling wife Marlene, she's as pleased as Punch and I must thank her for tolerating the many hours that I would spend in my shed making projects, mostly specifically for the forum.

·
Premium Member
19,239 Posts
How appropriate. I'd also like to add that the colorful characters are all appreciated. I always open the Forum email first thing every day not only for the woodworking lessons, but also for the sometimes off the wall comments and posts of the slightly eccentric folks. I am thankful for the discovery of the Forum!

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Congratulations Harry!

With the knowledge you have in so many fields you have taught many to make templates and how to use those templates to produce useful items. You have shown people how to make additions or modifications to their tools to make the tools more useful or user friendly. You have shown that KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) is most often the best way to make something. You have shared knowledge of great importance you have found on the web and also given us the great gift of a well needed laugh now and then.

Thanks Harry for being you.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
Congratulations, Harry...it is always a pleasure reading your posts. And thank you for the guidance-like manner in which you help to improve our skills...Nick...

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Thanks Dave, you are one of only a handful of friendships formed in the early days of my membership. I often think affectionately about the banter we had regarding oiling of the rocking chair and your dictionaries.

Reactions: Dr.Zook
1 - 20 of 25 Posts