I may have missed it in one of your posts but where did you find the aluminum rails?bobj3 said:Hope this helps and it's not a over load of info.
All the stock is 3/4" screwed together with phil.M/S with brass inserts.
1ea. Top 16 1/2 " x 24"
1ea. Bottom 18" x 24"
2ea. Sides 6" x 16"
2ea. Ears 4 5/8 x 7 1/4"
2ea. Alum Rails 14 1/2" x 19 3/4"
1ea. Plastic 3/8" x 11 1/2" x 11 7/8"
Plastic Mount plate, 2" hole 8" down from the top on center.
Yes, I should've caught that one since I thought it looked familiar. That's a pretty ridgid extrusion that might be hard to find. But I have a couple of different industrial supply stores bookmarked that might have something like it or close to it. A standard miter track could work fine if attached to a good piece of hardwood. I'm not jumping into this project right away. Pretty busy with too many irons in the fire but it looks so easy to make.bobj3 said:Hi Bruce
I didn't make the one I have I got it from MLCS but Rusty made his and he used T-track from Rockler (see his link ) but if I did made one I think I would used Oak or Poplar for the upright rails, the Alum. rail would be real hard to find and I think he used 1/4" plastic for the router base plate unlike the one from MLCS they used 3/8" thick plastic.
Hope this helps and PLEASE post a snapshot if you make one.