Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the horse is done most people have seen the 0-3 parts ,its just the last part that is new
it was a long project but I am happy with it
So from a cardboard lasered model to a 1/4 plywood full size model then to a full size 10.5 hand horse
in wood laminated here she is

horse part0

horse part1

horse part2

part 3 shaping the horse

part 4 horse completed

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
John
6,840 Posts
Big 10-4 on the awesome!

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
finest kind...

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,350 Posts
Absolutely beautiful Stan.

·
Registered
8,954 Posts
What an ambitious project. Great job and great job documenting the building of the project. This is a project I consider woodworking even tho a CNC was used, it was just for cutting the parts and the true woodworking was done by you and toiling for hours to accomplish. You have to have really been into it and showing the determination to complete it was overwhelming, Most people and myself included would have not even attempted such a venture. Fantastic Panetangore wins by a furlong.
Great job be proud,you deserve it.

Herb

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all the compliments, I enjoy the making of wood things ..birds ,turtles fish and now a full size horse
My wife's relatives say I am going to make a farm yard of animals ,well not sure about that but if I was in the country
and had the time a cow and pig would be interesting

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks to everyone for the fine words, I enjoy wood things and have built many small animal projects
people are saying I will end up with a farm yard of life sized animals ,well it would be nice but my hands
need a break and cnc milling or laser gives me that break , these machines are not hard on the hands

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
We should get Woodman and Scottart together for a "Carveoff". Bet they would really turn out some really really cool stuff!!!

HJ

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Superb workmanship and the documentation adds to the appreciation. Congratulations.

Look forward to future posts.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Don't have to worry about me copying you. You are a very patient, diligent craftsperson.

HJ

·
Registered
79 Posts
WOW what a great horse. Anyone driving past will think that you have a real horse in the yard

1 - 20 of 23 Posts