Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I earlier tryed to post pics but my phone shut it self I have to do it ones more.
We have been doing a new stall to our two horses. It took 28 days with a system called 24/7. I'm glad it's done. I'm up till nec that new build.
The heroic handyman you see in the pic isn't me as all of you who have red my profile can guess. Anyhow look at the photos and ... What am I suppose to say now?
Thank's

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Obaid. We apriciate that our neighbours don't complain. We have a fence that is 5' high. The gravel road is side by side to our property (3500m2) and our dogs bark everybody who moves there. But our neighbours think that's their job, to bark and guard.
Our country is quite the opposite to your's. Most of the country is flat compairing to Pakistan.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you Obaid. We apriciate that our neighbours don't complain. We have a fence that is 5' high. The gravel road is side by side to our property (3500m2) and our dogs bark everybody who moves there. But our neighbours think that's their job, to bark and guard.
Our country is quite the opposite to your's. Most of the country is flat compairing to Pakistan.
Hi Esko
I am not allowed to send PM because i am new and below the 10 post mark so let me answer you here, i have many pets like pigeons, Budgerigar, finches and bunnies so mostly i use wood to make their homes/nests and things like that

I use recycled wood pallets because its cheap here and Partal (Himalayan Spruce/Picea smithiana) because its softwood easy to work with

Recently i have finished a wood working table with some of the spare wood, i dont know if its according to the standards but still very helpful

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Esko, that looks a lot like the part of Canada I am in. Even the trees look similar.

·
Registered
Theo
7,110 Posts
Recently i have finished a wood working table with some of the spare wood, i dont know if its according to the standards but still very helpful
The only standards to worry about are, that it stays up, and it works for you. You can always make another one later if that one isn't quite what you want. :yes4:

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Building Code Standards aren't like Zoning Bylaws, Theo; they're the result of years of Engineering research, and real life experience. Those of us that live in snow country have a healthy respect for framing tables. They're the minimum standards!
We ignore them at our own peril.
ARCHIVED - Summary of Significant Proposed Changes to NBC Part 9 - National Model Construction Code Documents
Snow Loads - Sentence 9.4.2.2.(1)

Failure of roofs under snow loads is the most common structural failure in Canada-generally in larger, non-Part 9 buildings. For this reason, the Standing Committee on Structural Design is proposing that the ground snow loads in Appendix C be changed from a 1-in-30-year return period to a 1-in-50-year return period. This would result in an increase in ground snow loads, and thus roof snow loads, of about 10%. Roofs would have to be built accordingly to be able to support these new snow loads. However, failure of roofs under snow in Part 9 buildings is far less common, so it is difficult to justify a 10% increase in roof snow loads and require stronger roofs for these buildings. It is therefore proposed to continue to include the 1-in-30 ground snow loads, which would apply to Part 9 buildings, in Appendix C, and to add the 1-in-50-year loads, which would apply to non-Part 9 buildings.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=coll...wYC4Dw&ved=0CCwQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=681&dpr=1.33

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Heh...Not yet, Esko; it's only 2:00PM here.
However, Summer is over. Back to being the 'Wet Coast'...
Our weather:
Wind warning in effect.

Today, 28 September
Rain at times heavy. Amount 20 to 30 mm. Wind southeast 30 to 50 km/h except 70 gusting to 90 over exposed coastal sections early this afternoon. Wind becoming southwest 20 this afternoon. High 14.
Tonight, 28 September
Showers. Amount 10 to 20 mm. Becoming windy overnight. Low 11.
Sunday, 29 September
Periods of rain. Amount 15 to 25 mm. Windy. High 13.
Monday, 30 September
Showers. Low 10. High 15.
Tuesday, 1 October
Showers. Low 8. High 12.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Dan, Theo and Carpenter12 were talking about a workbench. I do agree with you about building to code. I saw someone build a small summer cabin only 10 or 12 feet long by maybe 8 wide with walls 6 feet high. Because the walls were so short they didn't put in ceiling joists and the snow load pushed the walls apart and collapsed the roof the first winter. I like to rake the snow off my roof here at least once per winter and sometimes twice.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
You could sum up the weather on the coast from now until April by one word- SHOWERS.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The best workbenche is the one you can afford and it is suited to you. No matter how it looks like the important thing is that it works. I have a few of them. To me a workbence or a table is mostly just a nesessary "must have" so that I can perform/do the work on hand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts