Router Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've had my FT200E for a number of years, and haven't used it in a while. I recently started getting back into woodworking, and I need to use a large slotting bit, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how to adjust the speed down?? No where in the owner's manual does it discuss the speed control. There is a chart on the side of the router that gives the speed ratings, but I cannot figure out how to make it happen. The on/off switch just goes into the on position, and I'm assuming this is at the highest speed, and I cannot figure out how to adjust it down. Can anyone please assist me :) Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found it!! I have my router under a table and it was facing away from me and upside down. Thanks. However, my wheel seems to be working backwards -- 1 is the fastest setting and 6 the slowest??? Seems strange???

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pic. I did find the wheel - it was behind my router mounted in a table. Can anyone tell me why my speed control appears to run backwards - 1 is the fastest and 6 is the slowest - this goes against wht the chart on the router seems to show??

·
Registered
23,786 Posts
Hi

Pull the plug out of the wall and flip it a round :) LOL LOL ,get the water to run in a diff. drec. so to speak.. LOL

==

Thanks for the pic. I did find the wheel - it was behind my router mounted in a table. Can anyone tell me why my speed control appears to run backwards - 1 is the fastest and 6 is the slowest - this goes against wht the chart on the router seems to show??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts