Router Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
@Cricket HELP! Many of the pictures I post that orient corrctly in my Irfanview, turn sideways when posted. This is annoying. Is there some way I can turn them after posting. The problem pictures are always taken on my cellphone, but many of my cell posts display correctly. Thanks, Tom

·
Premium Member
Rick
17,544 Posts
Tom , I think some of it has to do with resolution. I posted them at 800- 600 pixels and had no issues . I posted jpegs with bigger file sizes and things went sideways

·
Registered
855 Posts
Tom, I also find it annoying! What I do is download to my windows 10 computer to get a better view of the photos, then edit by rotating and save, then rotate back and save again. At this point I can upload and it will be upright on router forums.

·
Premium Member
20,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So it's the second rotation that sticks. Shrinking the image to 600x800 worked as well.

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
If you are using a phone, well, then, there you are.
Edit your pics in the phone editor, then save them. That will correct the information in the metadata and the pics should post correctly.

What I do is crop them...ever so slightly, or sometimes none at all. Then save the image. It should post with the correct orientation.

Good luck.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The safest solution I have found is to edit the picture and do a save in the orientation you want. If you have already up loaded the picture to this site then you need to delete it off this site. I make a copy or rename my original picture then upload to this site again. If you try to up load the picture again with the same name to this site then there is some caching going on so the picture remains sideways using the same jpeg name.

·
Registered
672 Posts
If you are using a phone, well, then, there you are.
Edit your pics in the phone editor, then save them. That will correct the information in the metadata and the pics should post correctly.

What I do is crop them...ever so slightly, or sometimes none at all. Then save the image. It should post with the correct orientation.

Good luck.
Mike where I found the Phone Editor in my smart phone?

·
Super Moderator
5,814 Posts
Mike where I found the Phone Editor in my smart phone?
Is your phone an Iphone or android?

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7.

When I look at a picture I have taken in the Gallery, I have the Options at the bottom of the screen to "auto Adjust", "Edit", "Share" or "Delete".

I tap "Edit", crop the image and then save it. That should make it post correctly.

Hope this helps.
Mike

·
Registered
672 Posts
Is your phone an Iphone or android?

I have a Samsung Galaxy 7.

When I look at a picture I have taken in the Gallery, I have the Options at the bottom of the screen to "auto Adjust", "Edit", "Share" or "Delete".

I tap "Edit", crop the image and then save it. That should make it post correctly.

Hope this helps.
Mike
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 and I found everything you mentioned and worked EXCELENT. Thanks Mike. :wink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts