Router Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Pretty cool idea. I agree, how do people figure out stuff like this.

I wonder what practical application it has. I am having trouble figuring that out too, other than a cute parlor puzzle. That would be cool to have in wood, actually sitting in you living room for guests to be puzzled by.

Rick

·
Registered
Theo
7,195 Posts
With me the how is waaay too much time on his hands. But mainly, why?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I've heard of these people, most likely aliens of course and I'm not talking about from across the border.....way to much time and excess brain cells. I get a headache just trying to keep up. Ancient Alien Theorist believe this to be true.......and what does that even mean? Are these ancient aliens or ancient theorists? Inquiring minds want to know...

Back to my usual afternoon drooling.

Neat post but is there a reasonable application for something like this?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
I guess one application would be to use it as a lock nut...jam the collar nut down, then turn the bolt head CCW to loosen it...Now I've got too much time on my hands...LOL...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nice, Herb. You just happened to have these lying about with which to modify or did you go out to your shop and make them just for this example? What is the scale? Hard to guess from the photos.

How does one cut threads in wood? Anything like single point threading in metal?

Rick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.