Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Administrator
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
start-day.jpg

How do you usually start your day?

Are you one of those people that wakes up ready to face anything that comes your way or do you tend to prefer for people not to talk to you until you drink a few cups of coffee?

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
View attachment 158306

Are you one of those people that wakes up ready to face anything that comes your way or do you tend to prefer for people not to talk to you until you drink a few cups of coffee?
using the braille system to navigate...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Emails, news, then the RouterForum all with a cup of coffee in front of me.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
When I wake up I'm ready to go. First stop is to get SWMBO's coffee and put it by the bed. Next spend 15 minutes trying to get her up. Then get my first cup of coffee (or green tea as the mood strikes me). Then pack her lunch and get her off to work. Then more coffee and house work. Don't want this to be taken as complaint as I have a great life and enjoy it.

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
View attachment 158306

sitting still and quiet sipping coffee till the lights turn on...
maybe minuets...
hours..
days...
or till next month...
why rush things...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
View attachment 158306

Plan ''A''...

Plan ''B''....

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Trip to the bathroom or me and the dog both go outside to the bathroom. I live in the country so no problem with that. Then coffee. Usually several cups.

Reactions: Cricket

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
View attachment 158306

Usually with the words "what day is it..." and depending on what the answer is, it's "oh f*" (for Monday and Tuesday ) *groan* (for Wednesday) "I might make it - tomorrow is Friday" (for Thursday) and "Oh thank goodness I can sleep in tomorrow (for Friday). Sat and Sun I try and not think about the upcoming days. I'll make the morning coffee and sit quietly until Ken gets up, and we face the rest of the day. I like getting up early (before 7 or my day is shot)

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
For us, everyday is Saturday! :surprise::grin:

These days, I don't do nuthin'...and I don't start that til 10AM! :laugh2:

Been on the Advocare program for a year or two, so most mornings I start the day off with a Spark! Just enough get up and go to get me going.

We don't drink coffee. The Mr Coffee maker is our tea pot! :grin:

Attachments

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
If only we could go back and correct the stupid mistakes we made when we were young, eh Rick? (That's one Canuck to another for the rest of you).

Reactions: RainMan 2.0

·
Marine Engineer
Doug
4,784 Posts
For 75 days it's basically:

Get up @5:30 if I am lucky, head down into the engine room by 5:50. Morning safety meeting with the day workers, then a quick round of the engine spaces. By 7:00 I am back with my First Engineer to finalize the job plan for the day, and read an email or two. @7:30 we head up for chow and start the 'real' work at 8:00.

For the next 75 days:
Wake up at 6:30 to see the kids getting off to school--- then try to talk myself out of lounging around till 10:00. Not always successful.

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
For 75 days it's basically:

Get up @5:30 if I am lucky, head down into the engine room by 5:50. Morning safety meeting with the day workers, then a quick round of the engine spaces. By 7:00 I am back with my First Engineer to finalize the job plan for the day, and read an email or two. @7:30 we head up for chow and start the 'real' work at 8:00.

For the next 75 days:
Wake up at 6:30 to see the kids getting off to school--- then try to talk myself out of lounging around till 10:00. Not always successful.
Doug I thought your job was a cake walk , seemingly not lol . I hate starting work any earlier than 8:00 am

·
Super Moderator
David
3,570 Posts
Get up, do 80 pushups in one set, shower, look through a few forums and read email, fix mine and Sandy's breakfast, take her coffee and water while she gets ready for work, then get my coffee and head to the shop for a bit, then start work (I work from home most days). Got about 4 more years of work then the 'start work' part will be out in the shop building guitars every day.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Same as Bill but in a different order. RouterForums, E-mail, then the news.
All with lots of coffee of course.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts