Router Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Thanks for the repeat.

Almost always I bottom the bit out and pull it up 2 hairs.... something that cuts which is spinning up to 333 revolutions every second need not be played with.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the repeat.

Almost always I bottom the bit out and pull it up 2 hairs.... something that cuts which is spinning up to 333 revolutions every second need not be played with.
You are so right Jim. Especially with BIG bits like the two outer ones. It should be obvious why I use the far safer vertical panel raising bit rather than the left hand one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
19,238 Posts
I just put in a half inch grommet on half inch collets. About 1/8th thick. On 1/4, almost always the trim router, I just lift about that much. With matched door sets, the grommet is almost a must. Grommet, not O ring.

·
Premium Member
14,852 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just put in a half inch grommet on half inch collets. About 1/8th thick. On 1/4, almost always the trim router, I just lift about that much. With matched door sets, the grommet is almost a must. Grommet, not O ring.
The problem with that Tom is that you lose depth of cut because once the shank reaches the end of the collet (1"), it receives the maximum grip, beyond that simply you lose depth of cut.
I must mention for new-comers that "inching" the bit out of the collet for extra depth of cut is very dangerous.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts