Router Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I am thinking about making some signs for gifts. Just retired and never owned a router. Need to know which router and which bits and what kind of wood to use. Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
17,427 Posts
Welcome to the forum . I'm sure there will be lots of great advice soon as there's some really good sign makers here

·
Super Moderator
John
6,838 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dave. We have quite a few very talented sign makers on the forum. Type signs into our Community Search function and get comfortable.

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,194 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/user/oldave100

everything you need to know is covered by these guys on YouTube.

Bits, routers, techniques, all fun to watch.

Enjoy!

Doug
I second Doug's suggestion on the videos by Dave and Eric Rhoten. They have over 150 YouTube videos about making signs. The router they recommend is the Dewalt 611 palm router. I recently purchased one and agree that it works very well for routing signs especially when you use their suggested router bits and their base plate with handles. Watching the videos will answer most of your questions and give you confidence to try your hand at sign making.

·
Official Greeter
18,750 Posts
G'day, welcome to the forum.

In addition to the above information, there is a separate sub form on making signs....

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,336 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts