Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to learn how to use a Carey hinge template (#300-2). I bought mine at an estate sale and there were no instructions. While surfing the internet I've noticed that Bosch and Porter Cable also make templates/jigs for mortising butts, although I have no idea about similarities in/of design nor set up/use. Ideally, you might be able to refer me to an instructional video of some sort (?), as a picture is worth a thousand words. O.K. then, this is where I say thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you, maybe.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Carey went out of business, and Lee Valley now makes and sells their templates. Lee Valley has instructions on their web site here.

·
Registered
10,671 Posts
Greetings and welcome to the router forum. Thank you for joining us, and remember to have fun, build well and above all be safe.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I am looking to learn how to use a Carey hinge template (#300-2). I bought mine at an estate sale and there were no instructions. While surfing the internet I've noticed that Bosch and Porter Cable also make templates/jigs for mortising butts, although I have no idea about similarities in/of design nor set up/use. Ideally, you might be able to refer me to an instructional video of some sort (?), as a picture is worth a thousand words. O.K. then, this is where I say thanks for your time and I look forward to hearing from you, maybe.
Like Lex said, Carey went out of business and Lee Valley took over. I couldn't match the number you have but see if this helps
Lee Valley Tools - Hinge Mortising Template

·
Official Greeter
19,066 Posts
Hi

Welcome to the forum

1 - 7 of 7 Posts