Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Also one of our works on CNC (3axis). These one turned to be very detailed in wood. This is what I have used in my work:

500 mm along the Y axis, 50 mm along the Z axis, 18 hoours for finishing.
End mil 12 mm for roughing, 30% step, 3.4 mm depth Finishing with TB N 1 mm radius, 9% step.
By the way, this is Cherry wood.

The quality of the designs you usually use - also is important.

Let me know if you will have more questions about how we achieved such quality in wood. I will share our experience with you, guys.

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
My guess is small bits and small stepovers with long cutting times is how you achieve that quality - 9% stepover and 18 hours, like you said above. Do you sell these pieces? Where - Etsy or other site?

And, like you mention, you need a high quality design to even consider doing work like this. Do you have videos, a YouTube channel maybe, where we can watch one of these being cut? If video, widescreen is best, btw.

David

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Video Tutorial - How to Use 3axis CNC like a PRO!

My guess is small bits and small stepovers with long cutting times is how you achieve that quality - 9% stepover and 18 hours, like you said above. Do you sell these pieces? Where - Etsy or other site?

And, like you mention, you need a high quality design to even consider doing work like this. Do you have videos, a YouTube channel maybe, where we can watch one of these being cut? If video, widescreen is best, btw.

David
You are absolutely right. We stopped using designs from eBay and etsy, because we couldn't achieve such quality with them, plus the majority of them are very old and can be found for free on the internet. This is why we have started to create our own designs. With time, we have developed our own website www.3dwave.org and decided to share what we do with others. From our experience and from hundreds others, these designs look better in wood and can be sold easier.

Last year I started a Youtube Channel and made a tutorial about one of our works, it is mirror frame, here is the video tutorial. I tried to make it as detailed as possible.

Hope you will find it useful. Tomorrow we will make another tutorial. I was not using forums before, I start to like it here. Thank you for all your support!
:smile:

·
Registered
Mike
3,940 Posts
Very nice work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.