Router Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a fan type knife block. It is made from seven wedges with spacers for the knives. My plan was to glue it up then cut a circle/curve on both ends to even everything up. It is 3" wide by 12" long by 12" tall.

Band saw circle jig? Make a circle pattern then pattern bit on router table? I think I will have to cut the curve before putting the spacers in to avoid blowing out every edge.

Advise needed.

Jamie.

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
I would still use the bandsaw but would place sacrificial wedges between each section to prevent blowout. Then just remove the wedges and you should have a clean edge. Use a finer tooth blade, though.

David

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
The same style jig for cutting curves on a bandage works on sanding machines too.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
I dont like those type of jigs. The piece is loose and can get out of control. I prefer a home made version similar to the commercial jigs that lay flat with clamps to hold your work. Microjig and Rockler have some examples.
swap the sticky tape for non-skip...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
same only different...

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.