Router Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Wow! I thought my router just used electronics to vary the speed of the electric motor. I had no idea it really had gears! How do I find Reverse??

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
If you need one, you can always freehand one.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
HMMM...memories, indeed. My 67 Chevelle had a 4 speed Muncie close ratio four speed. I can distinctly recall replacing the cluster gear more than once!!!

·
Premium Member
19,237 Posts
Must be a Ford router, or maybe a Chevy? Probably a 90's model since it's 5 speeds forward. I didn't see the collet on there, but it's probably made by Mercedes in the high end (green) models and by VW for the cheaper routers. I wonder if the reverse operation re applies the sawdust? If so it's probably an advanced version still in design phase. I wonder if the Saw Stop people are going to sue, should the maker include a safety stop?

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Suing?
Goes without saying! :)

You ever see the movie 'Smoke Signals' (1998)? If you have you know exactly what I'm talkin' about. Heh...

·
Premium Member
17,426 Posts
HMMM...memories, indeed. My 67 Chevelle had a 4 speed Muncie close ratio four speed. I can distinctly recall replacing the cluster gear more than once!!!
Amazing how someone actually designed a standard transmission, and made them shift as easily as they did .
Brings back memories for me to , as I had a 1980 Z28 that came factory with the T-10 rock crusher .
I really loved that car , and really enjoyed shifting , not sure about now though.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts