Router Forums banner

Howdy From Australia

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  harrysin 
#1 ·
Howdy All,

Just joined the forum and thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Rob and I am from Perth in Western Australia.

I run my own workshop full time building car audio systems, as well as performing vehicle customisation and lots of custom fabrication.

My favourite workshop tool is my 15ft x 30ft CNC Router. I bought it without a single clue on how to use it, but after lots of trial & error, I now have a pretty good grasp on how to use it... In fact, I use it almost daily now.

It has been a huge time saver... I can design, cut & trim custom door panels in under a day now, whereas before it might have taken up to a week.

I'm here to learn and hopefully chime in on the odd conversation.

Thanks for having me!

Rob.

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome to our sawdust pile Rob. There are already many of your fellow countrymen here.
and many others from countries around the world.

We love to help by answering questions, but please realize that you may get 20 or more answers with almost that many ways to do it. Then you get to pick out the one that you like best. There is no such thing as a dumb question so don't hesitate to ask. The only dumb question is the one not asked.

Charley

#8 ·
Hi Rob and welcome. One of our most knowledgeable members on hand held and table routing also hails from Perth, namely Harry Sinclair. Harry is a retired TV repairman so you have a bit in common.

#11 ·
Phew! I thought that your CNC was gargantuan Rob. Welcome to the forum, in the 80's I was service manager for Alberts Hi-Fi, the car radio part of which is still going here in Rockingham.

#12 ·
Hi Harry,

Cheers... great to know there is some locals on here too.

Alberts in the 80's... Those would have been the good old days with Brian Wallace in Vic Park?

I worked there in the late 90's early 2000's... Then I worked at Luna with Pete, Leo, Sam & Viv.

I have been out on my own now for the past 10 or so years.

Rob.

#13 ·
Is Brian still involved, I recall that there was also a branch in Osborne Park. The 80's, yes those were the days, Brian ran the car audio section under the main building in Vic. Park, my service dept. was across the road on Albany Hwy. I'm a great believer in photographs so a few shots showing jobs you're working on will be of general interest Rob.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.