Router Forums banner

Howdy from NC!

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  anndel 
#1 ·
Howdy from Raleigh, NC!

I just joined routerforums today. I am a beginner woodworker and so grateful for all the communities that are helping me learn this wonderful craft.

I have a Bosch router and just acquired a Bosch colt handheld, which is fun to use.

I just went to a dovetail demo at Woodcraft this weekend and am eager to try out making dovetails with my router.

Cheers!

Ian

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, Ian! Add your first name to your profile so it clears the N/a in the side panel. Add your location, as well.

We like photos so show us your shop, tools, new Colt, projects, etc. whenever you're ready.

David

#3 ·
Howdy N/A and welcome the forums...

If you delve into this here link there is some information that will further your studies...

Reactions: wwian
#6 · (Edited)
Ian,
Welcome to Router Forums from another NC woodworker.

Are you aware that there is a club that is local to us in NC that you can join for free and it has over 10,000 members? It's also a virtual club, meaning that there are no dues or meetings. We get together on the website any time and from any where. Go to www.ncworker.net and have a look around. Actually, we do have one meeting a year. It's about 15 minutes long and part of the annual picnic. It's for the election of new club officers for the coming year. I'm a member, and also a member of several woodworking forums, including this one. In fact, this club is open to woodworkers who live in the States surrounding NC and all the way to Florida. If anyone who ever lived or will be living here in the future wants to join, they can as well. We have members in the armed services stationed all over the World.

Charley

#7 ·
Welcome aboard. I'm 20 minutes or so east of Raleigh.

#8 ·
Hi Ian and welcome. You are able to post pictures already as long as they are in your hard drive and not stored on a cloud. Just use the Go Advanced posting option and click on the Manage Attachments button. If you need help with it just ask.

#9 ·
how about drag and drop in basic???

#14 ·
VOE....?:grin::grin::grin::grin:

#13 ·
Welcome Ian. Glad you joined the fun. Do read Stick's collection of pdfs, they are as good as any text, and the price is right. Attached is a pdf on the 18things that really helped me accelerate my learning curve. It covers about 8 years of trial, effort, help from here. Hopefully it will save you some money over time and help speed your learning up. Don't try to do it all at once. This is a great addiction, and a very nice bunch of folks.

Attachments

#15 ·
G'day Ian, welcome to the forum...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.