Router Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only just joined and haven't had much time to browse the forums but am always interested in learning more about ANYTHING. I love woodworking and want to learn a bit about making birdhouses, and other small animal abodes so will read around a bit and come back later to post a bit more about myself.
I hail from south central Texas, have 3 grown sons, 8 grandchildren and am interested in gardening, talking, reading, crochetting, making lawn ornaments and a dozen or so other craft interests. More later. Have a great day folks.
Marie K

·
Registered
10,714 Posts
Howdy Marie, welcome to the forums. If you are interested in bird houses - John of [cranbrook2] is THE man. Check out some of his posts on extreme birdhouses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the welcome guys.

I already made Johns acquaintance and am opting to have him to start a village and let me rent one of his fabulouse birdie condos. If he builds them any bigger he can call them chick houses and rent them out to humans......Just ribbin you a bit John. I am totally fascinated and you know it.

Actually I just want to get an idea of what all tools I need and some good choices for wood to make plain birdhouses first:eek:) I also want to start making little garden signs around my property, mainly just because I love to try different things, and I have a sister in law that has a yard full of them and I am jealous. There are so many cute decorative things for the garden that I want to try my hand. I've made stepping stones and want to try something new. Ya never get too old to learn and it looks like I've found a group of great teachers. Have a great day!!!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Thank you all for all nice compliments . I love to build . the birds appreciate nice homes just like anyone else. my father was a bird houser builder and carpenter.
i had a flock of birds come in yesterday and they were fighting for houses. new buyers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.