Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for quite a while & I learned a lot.

I have:
  • a cordless Makita 1.5HP with both fixed and plunge base - plus the small corded Makita that shares the bases with the corded one.
  • Porter Cable 690
  • DeWalt 611PK - 1.5HP with fixed and plunge bases.
  • Older Craftsman 1.75 HP fixed base
  • Dremel 1/8" plunge
  • Milwaukee 5625 mounted in a Woodpecker's plate - stuck in an older Rockler #1 table.

I'm pretty sure I have most things covered with what I have now.

I look forward to learning some more.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Welcome to the forum. What kinds of projects do you like to make? I make cat stuff, spiral stairs etc.

I see you are in N.E. Ohio, I'm in southern Indiana but my mother's family is from East Liverpool Ohio.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Welcome to the forum. What kinds of projects do you like to make? I make cat stuff, spiral stairs etc.

I see you are in N.E. Ohio, I'm in southern Indiana but my mother's family is from East Liverpool Ohio.
Hi Bob,
I make mostly cabinets & furniture-style built-ins you'd find in older homes.
My wife and I buy houses & renovate them - then rent them out.

I try to repurpose the kitchens as much as I can - like replacing old 1950s plywood doors with raised panel doors I make myself - while keeping the old carcasses & in most cases, making newer carcasses for things like a pantry.
In the bathroom, I make the vanities & just buy the sinks & tops.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Bob,
I make mostly cabinets & furniture-style built-ins you'd find in older homes.
My wife and I buy houses & renovate them - then rent them out.

I try to repurpose the kitchens as much as I can - like replacing old 1950s plywood doors with raised panel doors I make myself - while keeping the old carcasses & in most cases, making newer carcasses for things like a pantry.
In the bathroom, I make the vanities & just buy the sinks & tops.
Hope that in future, you will share some DIY woodworking project ideas.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Missed your earlier post. Welcome to the forum. Lots of good people here and plenty of knowledge. You'll have a good time here. We're really big on pictures so post away when you feel like it.

·
Registered
21,632 Posts
Hi Rich, welcome to the fun. My mom, way back wnen, was contractor for five free standing apartment units. Did them for very little money. They're still standing and probably two produce more revenue per month than she paid for all of them combined. Making raised panel cabinet doors is kind of fun. I take it you have a table saw? I make mostly picture frames these days for my wife, and misc. carpentry projects, especially outdoors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.