Router Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings fellow woodworkers. I'm pretty new with using a router but have been "practicing" woodworking for a couple years.
I have a Porter Cable Model 6902 router.
I purchased a set of Woodline router bits to make rails, stiles and raised panel doors.
I also have a Rockler RSC01 router speed control.
Woodline advises not to turn the raised panel bit faster than 10,000 rpm.

Here's my question. The speed control dial ranges from 0 - 10. How can I determine what setting is approximately 10,000 rpm? The router turns at 27,000 rpm at full speed.

Thanks...Pat

·
Super Moderator
John
6,882 Posts
:)
Patrick, welcome to Router Forums, glad to have you join us, I'm positive the members of the community would be more than willing to answer any questions you have :)

·
Official Greeter
Ross
8,606 Posts
Welcome to forum Pat.

·
Premium Member
2,413 Posts
Hi Patrick. Welcome to our little corner of the 'net.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Pat,

I suppose using straight algebra one could assume 27,000 / 2 would be 13,500 at ""5", so 3.5 - 4.0 would be very close. Very new here and very new to Wood Working!

Ray

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Patrick
There are not many ways to check speeds like that which are affordable but you could ask a mate who is into car tuning if he has a held tacko for speed checking. It should be safe enough to use this on the collet with no bit in there. 10000 is a bit high for cars but some tackos go that high.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Hi Patrick, welcome to the forum :happy:

I'm with Ray. He beat me to the punch, but I would do the math, as well.

·
Premium Member
17,448 Posts
Hi Patrick welcome to the forum . Sorry I don't have any advice but just wanted to welcome you .
You pose an interesting question

·
Official Greeter
18,790 Posts
I feel that 1 3/4 hp may be a bit low for a panel raising cutter, especially when slowed right down?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts