Router Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been "away" from woodworking for a while. Now, projects and upkeep around the house are no longer easy to ignore.

I'm reaquainting myself with my tools, which include a Porter Cable router, and my ShopSmith.

Immediate plans:
Loft bed for #2 son;
Loft bed for #1 son;
refurb bedroom;
refurb bathroom, including a "custom built-in medicine cabinet" ;
Then, here's the kicker, I want to rebuild my entire kitchen;
I want to build the cabinets myself, everything except the counter top;

Acutally, considering making one of those concrete counter tops, but not quite sure on that yet!

I LOVE to fish, shoot, and work with wood. I need to learn more about woodwork, I guess I'm at a 5 on a scale from 1(low) to 10(high). Fairly knowledgeable, but "under-experienced"!! ;)

Howdy all!

Michael (aka PoPnBuG)

·
Registered
10,715 Posts
Michael (PoPnBuG), welcome to the forum. Evereyone (fairly knowledgeable, but under-experienced) are welcome here. :D You have a great knowledge base here, and the guys and gals are here to help. Glad to have you with us.

Dave
the "Doctor"
PS: sounds like you have a lot of woodworking ahead of you! :cool: :cool:

·
Registered
11,921 Posts
Welcome Michael! Do you have plans yet for the loft beds? I saw an episode of Hometime where they built loft beds with desks underneath for dorm rooms. I was thinking about trying one with hanging space and drawers. I would enjoy hearing your ideas on this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No "drawn" plans, only PIMH (Plans In My head)... ideas I suppose. We bought a loft for #1 son for the dorm room. The lumber was dripping, and very rough cut. I'd like to make him one that is a bit more refined. I'll take most of my ideas from that.

I'd also like to construct a few "extra" items, like a bookshelf and such.

I'll try to get some pictures of the 'existing' loft for you to see. Who knows, maybe I'll actuall DRAW plans for the new one???? Wouldn't that be radical? :p

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
PoPnBuG said:
I've been "away" from woodworking for a while. Now, projects and upkeep around the house are no longer easy to ignore.

I'm reaquainting myself with my tools, which include a Porter Cable router, and my ShopSmith.

Immediate plans:
Loft bed for #2 son;
Loft bed for #1 son;
refurb bedroom;
refurb bathroom, including a "custom built-in medicine cabinet" ;
Then, here's the kicker, I want to rebuild my entire kitchen;
I want to build the cabinets myself, everything except the counter top;

Acutally, considering making one of those concrete counter tops, but not quite sure on that yet!

I LOVE to fish, shoot, and work with wood. I need to learn more about woodwork, I guess I'm at a 5 on a scale from 1(low) to 10(high). Fairly knowledgeable, but "under-experienced"!! ;)

Howdy all!

Michael (aka PoPnBuG)
Welcome!

But with a list like this you will be to busy to spend much time with us!

With your interest in fishing shooting and woodworking it sound like you will fit right in.

Ed

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
"I'm reaquainting myself with my tools, which include a Porter Cable router, and my ShopSmith."

Though you might want to check this site out too:
www.ssug.org
that is a shopsmith forum I just found a little while ago.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts