Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a great sander when it was newer but it no longer works right. It won’t stay at the speed dialed in, it speeds up to the max speed and become a handful to use.
Have any of you with this Bosch palm sander experienced the same problem and if so do you know a fix?
Once this project I’m working on is finished I think I’ll take it apart to see if I can fix it.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
This may not be much help but, I have the same sander and it works great for me. Before I bought it I read that some people were having issues if sawdust built up around the switches. Whenever I use it, I periodically use my shop vac with a brush attachment and vacuum the whole thing paying special attention to the on/off switch and the speed control dial along with the air vents and the bottom pad. This may have nothing to do with your problem but, if you haven't tried it, it's easy enough. On the other hand, switches do go bad and you may need a new speed control. Please post your solution if you find one.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Barry. I’m still working on my Christmas present and as with just about every year it’s a mad rush to finish the gift in time . I’ll deal with the issue for now then I’ll open it up and clean it and check the switch and the speed dial.

Bryan

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yesterday I took the top off and there was a lot of sawdust in there. I vacuumed and blew it out good then sprayed the circuit board and the wires clean as well as trying to spray down inside the speed control pot. I am doubtful any got in there because it’s so closed off but I did try. After blowing all the cleaner out I put it back together and presto change-o
it didn’t fix it. I’m thinking the problem is in the circuit board.
Maybe I’ll just buy a new one because I do like the Bosch.

Thanks for listening to my beefing.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Well I was all set for a happy ending. sorry it didn't work! The last thing I try before I throw it away is the wall method. Throw it against the wall! If it still doesn't work then I throw it away with a few choice words! Somehow it makes me feel just a tiny bit better before prying the $20 dollar bills out of my clenched fist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts