Router Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know ... "Just find something you like to do, and do it!"

I have been in the deepest frump for the past 18 months or longer. I have been trying to climb out of it, but the motivation just isn't there. I have two home hobby shops full of machines and tools, but no desire to get out there to use them. I swear there must be a BIG spider web spun across the entry doors ... the spiders are thinking, "When that fat guy walks in next time, we've got him!"

I am 63 now. Not "old" yet, but the world sure isn't what I thought it would be at this age. I have added a few things to my shops, in the hopes of getting excited again about working out there. I recently added a DeWalt planer, a Grizzly 20" helical planer, and a 48" 12 ga. sheet metal finger brake from Grizzly, as well as a big new dust collector, a small HFT lathe, and other things.

I don't have that friend who stops by the shop. I normally work alone. Those red oak church pews are calling me, but I never seem to get the energy to mess with them. I have lots of material, a CNC router table and a CNC plasma table, etc. I recently acquired a nice powder coating machine, but now I have to buy (or build) an oven and a spray booth.

I spend a lot of time flipping though my "Eye Candy Store" (PINTEREST.COM) for ideas. People are so creative! I should probably just pick SOMETHING and say, "I'm going to build THAT today!" I even have a TIG welder on order through Northern Tools, but just like everything else, "Delivery is delayed because of COVID!" I swear, it has become the universal excuse for poor customer service, poor job performance, and a glaring lack of intelligence.

Today is another day. I'm going to go grab some breakfast, and see if I can force myself to walk into the shops and stay there for a few hours, if only to sort things and clean up a bit. I do have some big projects I want to accomplish this year. MAYBE 2022 will be better.

Joe
Do something simple that you can give to another person as a gift. Bird feeders are always my go to when I'm in the frump slump. It'll keep you busy, get some run time on those machines and you'll put a smile on someone's face when you give it to them. I made this feeder yesterday, painted it last night and Saturday my sister in law will have a new addition to her self made aviary backyard. You have to keep moving, moss doesn't grow on anything in motion.....including people!

Happy 2022!
Wood Gas Rectangle Composite material Flooring

Wood Gas Hardwood Machine Flooring

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.