Router Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using this machine up until today. when I turn it on and press enter on the controller, its stuck at the next screen "home moving".
the only issue that I ran into was when I was cutting, the gantry touched one of the clamps and stopped.
after I moved the clamp out of the way, I was able to operate the machine again until I turned if off and back on. can you please help me fix this?

thanks in advance for any help.

·
Official Greeter
Ross
10,076 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
Do you have any soft limits set that you might have exceeded? If so, can you jog the spindle to the center of the workspace then reset your machine?

Or did you hit a hard limit and damage the switch?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how can I manually jog the spindle? seems to lock in place when the machine if on or off.

·
Registered
Mike
3,843 Posts
With the power turned off you should be able to turn the screw by hand.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
I think your "Home" sensing is not working to tell the machine when it has arrived at home. It is searching for it, but not finding it, so you can't get the software to get past this point. Going home sets the counters so it can know where it is from there. I know nothing about your CNC, but have designed and worked on a lot of industrial XY positioning systems over the past 50+ years.

Charley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.