Router Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a lady that got my handout at the Polish festival during the summer call and want a carving for her dad for Xmas.

She wanted a flag, bald eagle, polish eagle, and marine symbol on the same piece, since he was equally proud of his military background and Polish roots. She also wanted it be able to be handed down when the time came. Oh, and she wanted the family name on it too.

That's a lot of stuff to put on one piece 22 x 18. The Marine reference was the stumper. Trying to make something not stick out but still be there. Came up with this and she was ecstatic.

Attachments

·
Administrator
David - Machinist in wood
4,196 Posts
Great job as usual, John! Don't you just love fulfilling the grand ideas people come up with!! You say, 'Sure, I can do that' and then you walk away saying, 'How in the world am I going to do THAT!!??' LOL!

David

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't you just love fulfilling the grand ideas people come up with!! You say, 'Sure, I can do that' and then you walk away saying, 'How in the world am I going to do THAT!!??' LOL!

David
Lot of truth in that!!

·
Registered
Oliver (Prof. Henry)
2,236 Posts
You do a great job of combining those 3D models, John. I still struggle with that so I tend to avoid the concept. Your work shows how exceptional the end result can be when done well. Very nice.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice work, John! Your are the master of all things Polish!!

There's a story how I got doing the Polish stuff. Not really funny, but ironic.

I'm not Polish - not the least little bit.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I may have to fly down south and take a few lessons. :)
You'd be better off going North to Scott's place or farther South to see Prof Henry, cjskelton, or MT Stringer. I just get lucky occasionally with something passable.

But I wouldn't pass up the chance to have a cold one or two and a steak with you.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I love it John. I am a proud Canadian and we have many Eagles in Canada, so I got a tattoo of a Bald Eagle in flight with it's wings spread on my bicep when I was 25 and I haven't regretted it for a second. I also appreciate the Polish Eagle for my family had many Polish friends. My father also spoke Polish. My grandfather came to Canada from the Ukraine more than a century ago.

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Oh, when they picked it up, she gave me a $25 tip - - which I tried not to take. She insisted so I threw in the camping sign she had her eye on while here. I gotta quit being such a nice guy. It'll ruin my reputation.

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.