Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having watched Forged in Fire for a couple of years now, I decided I needed to make a knife (Its in him, and its gotta come out)

But I ended up with a "Thats not a knife" kind of knife.

The blade is 8670 steel, 3/16" thick x 2 1/2" wide. The guard is solid brass (I used the router table and a straight cutter to finish the slot that the blade fit through.)
The scales are bubinga with maple backing, held in with epoxy and three brass pins.
The blade is 12 3/4" total weight is 2 1/2lb (1.1 kg)
Lots of minor blemishes to work through yet before final polishing, and I think I might black the blade and leave the edge bare.

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
nicely done Bob...

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
...agree with James...looks great polished...very nice...

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Of course it's your knife but it looks fantastic as is unless you're worried about it reflecting light at night and giving away your position:). But that my opinion.....

·
Registered
4,349 Posts
Now we need a new forum ......... The Forge. Nicely done!

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Handle is a bit square, but otherwise looking good. Eet will keell.

Reactions: DaninVan

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Bob that is a nice looking knife and at 12 3/4" long and 2 1/2 pounds I am surprised people are arguing with you about blackening the blade. I say whatever you want to do is fine with me!

·
Registered
529 Posts
@sunnybob,

Bob, instead of trying to gild the lily, perhaps you could utilise the time to perfect a flick that would pass the blade through the mullet of a repellant adolescent refugee from a zit-fest? Now that would be cool.
@Bushwhacker,
David, you mean you have knife open-carry states over there? How did Crocodile Dundee get by unhindered?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Beautiful work Bob. I'd strongly suggest that you stay away from airports while carrying it.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
Holy cow Bob, you make the most interesting stuff. That show is really fascinating.
\

·
Retired Moderator
16,385 Posts
Great job Bob.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts