Router Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new computer accessory/ gizmo*, and it came with this small DVD thing (Drivers).
It measures about 3.25"+/- across.
My DVD reader writer's tray has a slight depression in it that looks like it was designed to accept this smaller disc. I've never seen one before. Will the DVD player recognize the small format and act accordingly ?
It's not going to get jammed up...? The tray is mounted vertically instead of on the flat.

* https://www.primecables.ca/p-356744-gza-00499-1x-1000x-magnification-8-led-usb-digital-microscope-endoscope-zoom-video-camera-magnifier-stand

·
Super Moderator
3,514 Posts
Yes, it will work, Dan. I even have a couple of business card CD's that are shaped like a racetrack oval and they work just fine. The driver for my CNC peripheral devices is on one of those small discs.

David

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
go for it...

Reactions: DaninVan

·
Registered
64 Posts
I don't think so not if it's vertical

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Exactly. I'm pretty sure, based on past experience, that it'll all go better after a couple of brewskiis. :)

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hot diggity dawg! It works!! This is a pic of the tip of my Swiss Army knife...
Focusing is a bit of a fiddle but hey, for $30?
The LED built-in lighting is fantastic; light level is completely adjustable. Shoots video (bugs crawling.?)
I need to play with it some more to get the hang of it, but yeh, I'm happy.
Incidentally, the magnification is still a mystery as to how it reads...I think this pic is at about 150x but maybe I'm wrong(?).

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
new toy keeping you up late???...

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. :)

It comes with an extremely finely calibrated device for measuring microscopically. On the card this line is .03mm
I can't wait to try it on a router bit at 20K rpm ... ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Yes. :)

It comes with an extremely finely calibrated device for measuring microscopically. On the card this line is .03mm
I can't wait to try it on a router bit at 20K rpm ... ;)
we're waiting...

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
hurry..

·
Registered
31,264 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
On eBay for $14.99 free shipping.