Router Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found the titebond importer and by a strange coincidence the shop is also a saw sharpening shop.
So I took my circular saw, a bandsaw blade, and my spare planer knives and made the 60 mile trip.

I bought some titebond 111 ultimate. I love the push pull spout, much easier than what I'm used to. Tried the glue and it is very wet but I had an alignment problem and had to pull the pieces apart and re stick and it looks like its the answer to my problems.

Well worth the effort. They have three small shops knocked into one and here are some pics of the blade sharpening machines and spare blades. They even make blades there, although they couldnt do the 3/16 blade I had because they are only set up for trade and not hobbyists.

I asked if they could do my blades while I waited, to save another 120 mile round trip to collect but they couldnt. But he will send them by courier to my local town for the huge sum of $5.

I even got a cup of coffee while there (although it was Cyprus coffee which is bitter and evil, but I had to be polite).

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Christmas in June then? :)
How can they ship for $5?! that's waaaay less than the cost of gas for a 120 mile (Km?) trip?
Maybe they have someone doing a regular run with a lot of deliveries? If so that would suggest that they might also do pickups for future sharpening?

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan, they use a courier. Multiple drops get big discounts with those people. Its the one time customers that pay 20 or 30 dollars for a delivery.
My local courier office is 10 miles away, but in a town I do all my business in, so basically no cost to pick it up.

·
Registered
15,459 Posts
Just Gets Better

Dan, they use a courier. Multiple drops get big discounts with those people. Its the one time customers that pay 20 or 30 dollars for a delivery.
My local courier office is 10 miles away, but in a town I do all my business in, so basically no cost to pick it up.
So, maybe you can get the saw shop to p/u on their account as well? Charging you obviously, for the service. Beats making that 120mile round trip!

·
Premium Member
20,509 Posts
Glad you found the glue. It is one of my favorites. And a happy accident on the blade sharpening, particularly the planer blades.

·
Registered
Theo
7,182 Posts
Sounds like you pretty much hit the jackpot all around. Good on ya.

·
Premium Member
6,056 Posts
I"d put these guys on speed dial Bob.... just may be a great source of local and nearby contacts and information for you.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While there I found they sell core plug cutters. so you can drill out plugs in the wood to hide the screws.
I just bought one size of those in the UK, and my wife is bringing it back with her from her visit to the grandkids.
I suspect I will have to make more trips (G).

While chatting to the lady I said "I make boxes". She grabbed her phone and said her husband makes stuff too. So she shows me these pictures of tables and boxes that are sooo far above my pay grade you cant believe, The inlay and carpentry skills on those items make them art gallery pieces. So I hung my head in shame and wandered slowly away.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
If you "hung your head" Bob that guy must be REALLY good.

Great find, working with the small local shops always has surprise benefits.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.